Tuesday 2 May 2017

Photoshop Cs2 Tutorial: How to Make and Apply Watermarks

3in1 Tutorial, Learn How to Use Batches and Actions to Apply a Watermark

This is one of my most recent topics that I worked on, and I have a folder of designed photos that I really need to personalize, I need this photos to be secured from anyone how to want to use it without my permission, so what I have to do now is to add a watermark to this photos, this way I’ll be sure anyone how to take this photos will not use it or save without any watermark applied to it.

It’s really a pretty good tutorial, you will learn how to apply watermarks, not only watermarks you will learn how to use actions and batches as well,

What is Batches?
Photoshop Batches is more like a script applied to multiple photos; it’s a great tool for saving time and effort.

In our topic we will apply a watermark to a folder of photos contain 3 designed photos, these 3 photos is a collection of photos with different size and different resolution.

We will perform our task in 3 parts,
The First part is to design our watermark logo or sign that will be applied to this photos, it can be a logo, shape, or a text.
The Second part is recording an action that applies a watermark to only one photo; this action will be used in the next part to modify the Batch steps.
The Third part is to start our batch, first, we will manage all sitting in the batch dialog box, and then we will start this Batch to apply our watermark to multiple photos at the same folder.

Let’s start our tutorial:

FIRST PART “Design a watermark”:

– First I will open a new file, this time I will need a very large size just to make sure that any photo I use is less or equal this size of watermark logo, so I’ll be sure that it will not exceed any photo size I worked on.

– So this new file for the watermark will be different from one to anther, In my case, I know that my designs will not exceed 3000px height or width, so I will set this new watermark design to 3000*3000 pixels, and 300 pixels/inch resolution.

– Now you can add your watermark, it can be a text, logo or just a shape.

– In my case I will write my name with a big font to cover a large area, using the type tool;
Color: Black

Font: Tahoma

Size: 300px.

Bold and centered.

– Then I will add a Copyright shape using the custom shape tool,

– Now I will make sure that my background is transparent, so I will remove the background layer from the layer pallet, so now there is only tow layers, one text layer with my name on it, the second with the copyright shape.

– What we will do now is to add a little layer style to our layers.

– With the Text Layer active;

1- Add a new layer style by clicking on the add new layer style Icon in your layers pallet, then chose Blending options.

In Blinding options; Leave all setting, I’ll change only the Fill Opacity option from 100 to 20.

2-In Blending options shoes Bevel and Emboss style and just add more depth to the text, so in the depth option I’ll add 150% to the depth of my text “you can add your special style to your text”.

3-Hit Ok

– With the Shape Layer active;

1- Add a new layer style by clicking on the add new layer style Icon in your layers pallet, then chose Blending options.

In Blinding options; Leave all setting, I’ll change only the Fill Opacity option from 100 to 0.

2-In Blending options shoes Bevel and Emboss style and just add more depth to the text, so in the depth option I’ll add 600% to the depth of my text “you can add your special style to your text”.

3-Hit Ok

The watermark is now ready to apply to any photo, so what we have to do now is to save this watermark “PSD” file in a specific place on your hard drive, and make sure that this PSD file is always at the same location.

I’ll save it as watermark.psd

See the attached Image for this part.

SECOND PART “Recording the action”:

In your Actions Pallet chose the default Action set, then hit a new Action Icon, Name it as you want, I’ll name it Watermark Then Hit RECORD;
– Then I will Go File>Open and chose a photo from my designed photos folder and just hit Open.

– Now after opening a new photo, as you will see the action is already start recording, so you will find an open step in the new watermark action,
What I’m going do now is to apply our watermark to this particular photo, all I have to do to make this happen is;

Go To File>Place , Then select the watermark we’ve done in the last part. Then hit Place.

You saw the magic !! after placing the PSD file into our photo, the Photoshop Place command automatically sizes, fits, centuries and place any object in the exact same center of your image or file no matter what size your image was, this is a lot easier than copy and pasting…

– Now all you have to do is submit the Placing command by clicking Check mart “Commit transform bottom” in the Place bar ” as seen in attached photo” .

– Now in your layer Pallet, you will find 2 layers, the image layer, and the watermark layer, so all we have to do is to flatten this layers into one layer.
Just go to the small arrow in you layer pallet and hit Flatten Image

– Save your watermarked Image any place you want, Go to file>Save As then save your photo.

– Now click on the Stop recording bottom in the actions pallet to stop recording your new Action.
Then close the image.

As you will see in the attached image and on your new action, we have our open step, the place watermark step, flatten all layers and save the image, so we have our new watermark action ready to use in our next and last part.

THIRD PART “Batch”:

Go To File >> AUTOMATE >> Batch.

In the new Batch dialog box;

– In Play section shoe set >> then select default Actions

– In Actions List, Select our new watermark action we’ve done earlier.

– In the source Section, Click Choose then select your image Folder you want to apply this action on.

– Here is what’s important, you need to select Override Action “Open” Command, to override all open commands that have already been made in our watermark action.

– Then now in Destination section, Select Folder from the destination list.

– Click Choose and select your destination folder.

– Again we will override the save as command, to override it with the new location we choose for the new watermarked images, So
select Override Action “save as” Commands

– You have another option you may choose like rename all new Images, using a serial number or turn on the Mac or Widows compatibility.

See attached Image for this Part.

NOW HIT OK , AND LET THE MAGIC BEGIN

What you will see is that the Photoshop automatically open every image in your source folder one by one, apply the watermark action on it, then save in on your new destination folder.

I think it’s a little bit hard at first, but If you try to do it once you will not need to do all this work again.
Hope you all like this new tutorial, Until Next time,
Have Fun.

echo $variable;

The post Photoshop Cs2 Tutorial: How to Make and Apply Watermarks appeared first on Photoshop Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment