Wednesday 26 April 2017

Photoshop Signature Tutorial #2 [Vertical]

I am going to show you how to create a certain vertical signature I made during my free time for Kimberly. It’s not that super amazing or highly detailed so this tutorial is targeted mainly for beginners to moderate designers.

http://ift.tt/2oNtUc6

First create a new canvas, 306×400 pixels. Then grab a stock or a background and a render and place it within your canvas. Resize it if you wish. I found a background and a render for this signature. Here is what I have so far.

http://ift.tt/2q9o88J

I decided to change a couple things like the hair so I created a new layer (CTRL+SHIFT+N) and using a soft reddish brush, I brush the hair then set the layer option to “soft light.” Remember test out the other layer options and choose whichever one you like. I then created a new layer and applied the soft reddish brush to the gold looking ribbon on her dress and set the layer option to “soft light” as well. I created one more layer and used a soft white brush to brush over the white part of the dress. Do not abuse it, though. This is what I have so far.

http://ift.tt/2oNN4i1

Next, I went on with a new layer and applied a soft green brush on the grass which in my case was near the bottom portion of the signature. I created a new layer again and applied a soft blue brush on the water. I created another layer again and used a soft red brush to brush over the tree that’s right above the girl’s hair. All three of these layers were set to “soft light.” If you are wondering why I decide to do each one on separate layers rather than just doing them all on one layer, it’s because I want to be able to go back and redo it without redoing the entire thing. Just a preference. Anyways, this is what I have so far.

http://ift.tt/2q9BcL9

Then I created a new layer and filled it with a gray color and added a sky stock or image over it but erased the majority of that sky image except for the top and the bottom portion of the canvas and set the layer option to “multiply.” I then created a new layer and placed a cut-out or render image of a castle and placed it near the mid to the top portion of the canvas and rescaled the image. I created a new layer and used a soft gray brush to brush over the mid to top portion to make it blend in a bit better with the signature and set that layer to “multiply.” I also added some leaves using the leave brush near the bottom of the signature and around her dress. This is what I have so far.

http://ift.tt/2oNPNb4

Next, I created a new layer and used a dark red soft brush to brush the sides of the bridge, the castle, and the bottom portion of the signature and set the layer to “soft light.” I then went to Layer near the top to New Adjustment Layer to Gradient Map and applied a dark red to white and an another gradient map going from black to white and setting both layers to “luminosity.” This is what I have so far.

http://ift.tt/2q9uODI

Then I created another layer and went to Image near the top and Apply Image and hit ok. This basically slaps an image of your canvas at that time into that layer. I then went to Filter to Other to High Pass and used 2.2px. I then set that layer to “soft light.” I then added “Kimberly” text near the bottom right of the color and to lighten up the edges of the canvas, I created a new layer and used a soft white brush to brush the sides and set that layer to “soft light.” Here’s what I got so far.

http://ift.tt/2oNFTX1

I then added a couple more gradient maps (adjustment layers) to tweak the signature and bit and bring in some color. I then added a new layer and used a soft gray brush to brush the bottom of the signature to give it that foggy look to it. You can change the opacity of that to your likings. And well we are done.

http://ift.tt/2oNtUc6

I hope you enjoy this tutorial.

echo $variable;

The post Photoshop Signature Tutorial #2 [Vertical] appeared first on Photoshop Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment